Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes and Addendum

Much time has elapsed during the three intervals I have suffered through attempting to espy Struve 1785. Tonight at last I found a double in the general neighborhood of Struve 1785. The twain components were about 177 degrees in the newt and split about right for a 3 arc second double at 178x. But the colors did not jive. With the 25 Ortho the thing looked yellowish, but with the 7mm Ortho I got no hint of red or orange. Instead I got white and maybe a very pale yellow. So I may have been on the wrong dang double. I have had more trouble with Struve 1785 than with 50 other multiples put together. Aggravating. But Praise the Goddess I shall soon recline upon the Ample Bosoms to close out a weary day.

Addendum: The hour preceeding Ogma's appearance.

The day follows hard upon the preceeding day and away we go, in orbit.

Strange it is, fer me, venturing forth into the semi-stygian darkness. "Look toward the west Crumby, what do you espy?" I remarked out loud. Whoa! There's some bright stars over yonder, and I actually know names, fer 'em, thanks to Telescope Tomfoolery. They're the same ones that were overhead just awhile back, previous to my adventures upon the Ample Bosoms. And off to the east are a bunch of ones I have not learned for various reasons. But right behind those new ones are ones I learned about at the very first nonce of Telescope Tomfoolery, like Alpha Tauri and the Pleiades. Praise the Goddess.

All righty then, the moon is waning and we are in one of our terrible droughts with no clouds ever, dewpoints a thing of the past. It is always hot, even in the early morning. Much Tomfoolery promises anon.

I have a plan. The plan is to quit the Ample Bosoms at 3:30 AM so that all the telescopery apparatii may be properly ordered by no later than 4 AM. Then the east shall be perused employing that same telescopery apparatii for as many mornings as it takes to carefully espy all the celestial wonders that may be espied in Cetus, Eriadnus, Auriga and whatever other ones are over that way. That's the plan. Praise the Goddess. I need to remember to watch out for the Wicker Man though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home