Sunday, August 06, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes

Ha. The almost new 4mm ortho arrived yesterday and I tried it out last night. It has the tiniest peephole of all the CB eps. A really tiny peephole, but it works fine. I am adapting well to tiny peepholes for espying celestial bodies. I forgot to try it out on a planet though. That was an oversight on my part. I did use it on the Little Gem, a planetary nebula in Ophiucus. For a wonder, I could espy the Little Gem with the moon as bright as it was. The reason I espied the Little Gem though, was because it's in the neighborhood of 54 Ophiucus and is real easy to locate from that vicinity. What else? I wanted to see if I could barlow the 4mm. Oh, I tried to split Pi Cepheus (0.7 arcseconds), but all I could ever get was a bowtie. Seeing was bad, due to the moon and high clouds. I think it will barlow under the right conditions, but 600x may be pushing the Newt.

What the heck is Barnard's Galaxy?, just a little bitty galaxy right next to the Little Gem? Beats me. I never saw it.

Now in addition to the 4mm ep I got another treat yesterday, a twenty dollar wristwatch that lights up for three seconds when I push a button located at two o'clock. It came from Target.

The telescopery methodology recommends that I make a note on the time when I espy a celestial wonder. But I have been slack on recording the time because I lacked a time piece. Now, however, I have a time piece so I may record the times as demanded by the methodology.

In case you don't know what a twenty dollar wrist watch looks like, here's a picture of mine. I have identified three of its features. 67% of the identified features are confusing, to me.

Alas, the ample bosoms are beckoning. They spell, "Come along Crumby, it's time fer yer nap." Perhaps the Merciful Goddess will explain the confusing elements of my new watch as I dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home