Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ray's Thought for the Day - Hooray, for Cinnamon Bun Day

Yepper, it's time for a cinnamon bun. I need to get over to the Promenade for Produce, early. Not because the Demon Mammon may get my cinnamon bun, but to avoid another chafing event. The longer I tarry, the hotter shall the globe wax, particularly, the asphault expanse upon which my cinnamon bun resides, and the hotter it gets, the more likely a chafing event.

Let's see, here's an interesting question. Do the local hard-working, tax-paying Republicans have the right to assemble at an expensive dinner venue and pay over lots of their hard earned money to Karl Rover without being pestered by demonstrators? Easy that, noper. But they do have the right to keep their venues secret.

That must be somebody's job, keeping the venue secret, but simultaneously insuring a sell out. Whom do I tell? Whom do I tell?

Jeez Louise, what a stressful job. Er, all righty then, I need a good turnout at say three grand a plate. All the hard-working, tax-paying ones that can afford that are fairly tight lipped except when they're chewing. So I'm Okie Dokie on the guests. But what about the cooks and serving minions? Ha! Easy that, no English speakers need apply. Or better yet, deaf mutes. Then there's the dang Media Liberal. What shall I do about them? Hector Protector, we need someone to bear witness to this gustatory event. Hark! The freedom of the press is the freedom to own a press. Surely, among the Media Liberal there must be some hard-working, tax-paying press owners that shall show up unobtrusively at the last minute to cover the most important post gustatory, burps and pontifications. Yepper, I know some of those in the Media Liberal, fer sure.

Ha! That wasn't so hard after all, plus, I didn't chafe myself from, "werkin' in the sun."

Whoa! I forgot about Islamic fascists. Islamic fascists could get us. We need security. No. We need a security firm. No. We need a couple or three security firms. No. We need three security firms plus the police, and the Rangers, and the FBI, and the CIA, and Rover's guards, of course, and maybe the Army. Jeez Louise! Will all those security participants want to eat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home