Sunday, October 15, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes - Burnham's Celestial Handbook

All righty then. Having noticed that the amateur astromony bunch I hang with, electrically, references Burnham's Celestial Handbook quite a bit, I, Crumby, ovated for a minute or two and now I may foretell that my like-new, 3-volume hardbound set shall be traveling along to its new home at the CB anon, maybe, Praise the Goddess.

However, as you may know, traveling artifacts, have a way of going astray so I will be fretting about my 3-volume set until it actually arrives. In fact, I need to sacrifice to the Goddess right now to increase the probability of the 3-volume hardbound set arriving safely. Excuse me.

Later

There now. Perhaps that particular sacrifice shall insure the safe arrival of my celestial handbooks. Praise the Goddess!!!! I also requested some rain since we still need about 10 inches of that (rain). It's time to put out seed for spring almost, but there's no point in putting out seed if there's no rain. Noper.

Anyway, now I am mulling over the consequences of a bifurcated request stemming from the sacrifice and invocation I just made. Ovates consider every possibility, no matter how remote. So what if, my like-new 3-volume set is almost to the CB when the vehicle it's riding in is suddenly overtaken by a flash flood and swept away. Mercy! The CB might be left without the like-new 3-volume set and 22 dollars the poorer counting postage. Surely the driver of the vehicle swept off in the flash flood shall think to save my 3-volume set along with him or herself. Praise the Goddess!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home