Saturday, November 11, 2006

Crumby in the Wilderness

Mercy! All alone in the wilderness, partially concealed amidst the towering Panicum virgatum, that the vulgar spell switchgrass, with Ogma fading to a fickle memory and only an empty Cheetos wrapper for company, I watched the distant lightning generated in the clouds way off to the east northeast. The wind began to whip around prodigiously from the west and the clouds blew on off to reveal the boldest of the naked celestial bodies. Suddenly a great gust whipped the Cheetos wrapper from my grasp and then I was all alone, fer sure. Mercy!

Luckily fer me, I happened to have a telescope and a cigar box full of optical aids handy, so that I could visit long distance with Queen Cassiopeia, Perseus, Taurus and Orion. That's four for the Crumby Ovate to visit with. Praise the Goddess upon whose firmanent I have a transitory foothold that even in the gusty winds of the terrible wilderness sufficed to keep me from blowing off into the airless space that surrounds this tiny globe, Earth, upon which the Goddess holds me and keeps me from blowing off into the airless space where there wouldn't be any air, out there, so terribly distant from Her Ample Bosoms.

Praise the Goddess!!!! for keeping me safe in the wilderness, for the cruel whispers of the Wicker Man were carried on the prodigious gusting wind to my wiggling ears.

But wait! What good advice did the mighty foursome of my company advise me thereof. Easy that, "Crumby," they foretold, "as soon as Ogma returns you should police up that Cheetos wrapper. Also, the filter came off your good for 10,000 years flashlight so you need to police that up, too."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home