Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes - Caer Gwydyon?

Here's something that didn't come up during my many years of Druid training. On page 1,629 of Burnham's Celestial Handbook, the Milky Way is described as Caer Gwydyon (sic), and this astonishing information is attributed to Welsh legend. Alas, Burnham does not provide a reference for this surprising information. Apparently, the Milky Way, which is no longer visible in these parts, has long been a subject of both prose and poesy, as Burnham devotes many pages to the historical commentary on the Milky Way.

Tomorrow, Goddess Willing, I shall view the Mercury Transit. I am all set for that event.

Er. My bosom companion is apparently in contact with space angels. The space angels, according to bosom companion Ray, are fixing to destroy the Earth. Obviously, the space angels should pick me to be the sole survivor of Earth's destruction. I hope the space angels aren't in a big hurry for my clone specificiations though. I may have to worry over those specifications awhile, considering I'll be stranded on a strange planet with only my clone for company.

Let's see. Oh yes, I did my civic duty and voted straight Yellow Dog. However, there were a bunch of minor offices up for grabs with no Yellow Dogs running for those offices. So I didn't vote for those offices. If I had voted for those offices, I would have voted for the Libertarians, maybe.

But getting back to my clone. Those specifications for my clone are stressing me out. If you were lucky enough to get picked, would the specifications for your clone stress you out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home