Thursday, November 16, 2006

Crumby in the Wilderness

Here I am, completely concealed by the enfolding stygian darkness with only my good for 10,000 years flashlight for company. Let’s see what’s left in the supply and treat sack. Er, here’s what I got left, 4 cans of evaporated milk, a peppermint, and a Krispy cracker or two. Mmmm. Those Krispy crackers sure are tasty.

You know, the reason I have so much milk left over in the supply sack is because a milk maid is leaving me some milk in a clog every morning. So off I go in wren disguise and drink up all that milk. It’s awfully nice of that particular milkmaid to leave milk out, fer me.

But enough of all this mere food foolishness. Tonight, the wind has stopped blowing, the dust has settled somewhat and the skies are clear, so there may be some Tomfoolery afoot, anon. I may espy M36, M37 and M38, or, maybe not.

Yepper, the Democrats need to remember that I took the trouble to vote for them, everyone of them I could vote for, and no other political stinkers, because their main opposition, the Mammonite Republicans are liars and gluttons to a person. It would be nice if US got them before the Wicker Man gets them. After all, US has laws for criminals. US might ought to follow the law. Do ye think?

Today, I visited fer a spell with a Regulus calendula just returned from up north. Mercy. What a perilous long journey she undertook, only to arrive in these parts. So I showed her the milk clog.

Yikes! I feel like I may be working up to an ovation anon. First privation, then ovation. But for now, since it's dark I have the opportunity to gaze off eastwards at the many naked celestial bodies spread out for my perusal across the firmament. So I'll do that. M 37 is easy to find if you use Nu, Tau and Upsilon as a pointer.
Then I lucked out on M 36, just traingulating between Beta and Theta with the Rigel. M 38 was also easy becasue all those little stars nearby were naked eye plus spectacles visual tonight. Then as a bonus I hopped down to the Twinks and looked
M 35 over. Boy howdy, when the skies darken just a little it sure helps a feller find this or that.

However, by 12:15 AM the temperature dropped to 36 and was headed south rapidly. We're gonna get first frost this morning, anon. And I got cold so I had to crawl into my vermin infested hides. The frost ought to slow those vermin down, maybe. Mercy, espy all those stars. I can almost imagine the Milky Way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home