Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ray's Thought for the Day - Frosty

For three days running, that is, Days 19-21, we have had frost. That's unusual for these parts lately. On Day 19, the frost was close to hoar frost. But after Day 19 the frost tailed off to being regular frost.

All this frost, both the hoar frost and the regular frost, has dumbed down my normal high activity thought processing capacity. My many little friends are dormant or inactive. So there's no reason to be smarter than the season merits, reckon? Still, I would like to see a fly or two buzzing about just to help keep my wits sharp.

I have heard tell that we southerners are dumber than average due to the excessive heat we suffer through during Beelzebubberiffic. But I wonder about that. It seems to me that cold could numb the noggin about the same difference as heat, under the right circumstances. At least when its hot, there are flies about, for stimulation.

Did you ever catch a fly out of the air, then hold it up to your ear? Sometimes when you do that the fly will buzz crazily, even tickling your hand. Then once the fly you have captured is worn out with buzzing, it will start to plead it's case.

Please let me go Ray. I won't never get on yer cinnamon bun, ever again, maybe.

When a fly starts pleading its case, your only option is to give it a good hand shake and start it buzzing again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home