Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Rayetta's Butterflies - Tawny Emperor (Asterocampo clyton) Documentation for CB

Ha! Right after I dig up an old picture of a tawny emperor, here comes a tawny emperor, visiting the CB. Now I need to see if the tawny emperors like bananas. Oh. My butterflies do not like sweet potatoes very much. Do not waste time with sweet potatoes at your butterfly feeder.

Hmmm. Well, you might try putting molasses on the sweet potatoes. Red and Crumby always like molasses on their sweet potatoes so butterflies might too. I forgot that.

Then later today another skipper new to the CB documentation system showed up. This is the best I could do, photogenically. The silver-spotted skipper (Epargyreus clarus) is large and very nervous for a skipper. That's +2 - -3 on the Rayetta scales. Perhaps this skipper will hang around and calm down so I can get a better picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home