Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Ray's Rainfall Update - Good Progress

At this nonce, the gauge has indeed recorded in excess of 44". The details are, 43.98" + 0.15" = 44.13". The day is 257, the year is DY 1. The season is Beelzebubberriffic. Interestingly, this Beelzebubberriffic has been tolerable, temperature wise, in these parts for a welcome change. The great oppressive heat that generally characterizes this longest of seasons in these parts has moved off elswhere. Many suffer in the sweltering heat elsewhere, but the CB has been spared all that. Good!

Course we still have a ways to go before we get clear of Beelzebubberriffic. Yet every day, we tilt further away from Ogma's fiery yet fickle countenance. So maybe we shall ease on into Hope Remains, relatively sweat free.

Praise the Goddess, even those lacking irrigation, prosper.

Yes, prospering in association with good progress is an all righty then scenario. Yet, with all that I was much wearied by the pace of the good progress and prosperity, yesterday. Perhaps, my weariness may be accounted for by all the free loaders riding around on me, taking advantage of my good progress, but weighing me down. There I was, making good progress, busy, forging ahead, when I felt an unusual heaviness on my right ear. The heaviness on my right ear may have been directing my good progress off center, to the right. So I reached up to see what was on my ear. Turn's out a mantid was riding on my ear.

Once I had that particular mantid in hand, I asked it, Are you crazy? You must be crazy to ride around on my ear like that. Are you crazy?

So the mantid said, No, I'm not crazy. You were headed my way, making good progress, so I hitched a ride. What's wrong with that?

Yeah but, you were unbalancing me, pulling me off line.

Sorry about that. Please don't kill me. Please! See, I am praying to the Goddess that you will show mercy on a poor traveler, striving to make good progress, much like yourself.

All righty then. I shall put you off here. But you have to promise not to get on my ears anymore.

All righty then.

My adventure with the mantid has made me more curious than ever about those interesting creatures. Now I shall have to study up on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home