Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ray’s Thought for the Day - Living with Imperialism, Feeeeeeeeeeelings!

Ask yourself, my fellow Americanos, Am I better off without Saddam Hussein? Er. Hmmm. Maybe. Maybe not.

That is correct. Like you, my fellow Americanos, I am having just a little trouble establishing a cause between Saddam dead, and effect, my personal peace and prosperity. That is because I lack the wherewithal to design the proposition, Am I better off without Saddam Hussein?, as a testable hypothesis. You may lack that wherewithal too, my fellow Americanos.

But what about the Kinglet, who asserts confidently, The world is better off without Saddam Hussein? OK. The Kinglet relies on common sense and body language observation to establish the facts. Common sense, probably, indicates to the Kinglet that the demise of a mass murderer is better, on a global scale, than keeping him around. Then also, the Kinglet may have noted all kinds of body language changes in the global populace indicating that everyone, globally, was more peaceful and prosperous after Saddam got hung. Possibly, the Kinglet noted the happy Shiites dancing around on the screen of his royal TV set immediately post hanging. Maybe Chitlin danced a jig or cut a rug in the Oval Orifice. Slow it down Chitlin, yer apt to bust a vessel. Huh-huh!

OK. Given all this evidence, I may be better off without Saddam, just like the rest of the world. Yet I do not feel more peaceful and prosperous absent Saddam. Nor do I feel less peaceful and prosperous. In fact, I can’t remember how I felt back before Saddam got hung, well enough to compare that time to how I feel now. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings, La-de-da, la-de-dah.

The general peace and prosperity of US Americanos may be somehow related to cheap energy. Most of the cheap energy comes from oil. Some of the cheap energy also comes from the cheap labor commodity, man power. But I digress. Most of the cheap energy comes from oil. Yet we have used up all our cheap Americano energy, oil. So we must go abroad to get cheap oil, for to insure the continuance of Americano peace and prosperity. An example of the continuance of our peace and prosperity is driving off to work in an orderly fashion which is generally dependent upon cheap oil.

The surviving miserable Iraqis stay on land over plenty of cheap oil, maybe, lakes of it, maybe. Nobody knows how much cheap oil those miserable Iraqis stay over, but it may be lots. It may be enough cheap oil to keep US Americanos driving to work in an orderly fashion for many more years. So if that is true, that cheap oil may contribute to my personal peace and prosperity, some day.

Generalizing, much like the Kinglet might generalize, I may feel like that cheap oil is good for the peace and prosperity of the whole globe, in addition to me. Yet, the deceased Saddam kept me from getting all that oil. So now that he is dead, and I have a better chance of getting that oil for my car, I should feel more peaceful and prosperous, or at least more prosperous. Feeeeeeeeeelings, la-de-da, la-de-dah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home