Saturday, October 13, 2007

Rayetta's Butterflies - New CB BDS - Chlosyne janais

Tra-la-la, la-de-da. I am pleased to announce that the crimson patch (Chlosyne janais) has arrived at the CB. Yes, a nice big, fresh one. Perhaps this is an ancestor of one of our imported caterpillars. But maybe not. We're taking what She's giving. Tra-la-la, la-de-da.

Just yesterday my brother, you know, Ray, the Sun God trainee, came home from werkin' in the sun. Rayetta, you know what I espied today? I espied this runt of a border patch attempting to fornicate with a crimson patch, at werk.

Then too I found this interesting moth, or muth. So I brought it home. Look Rayetta. It is a sphingid. More specifically, according to Dr. Holland, it is (Pholus fasciatus). I shall put it up on the Carolina jessamine plus purple leather flower trellis and take its picture.






So how about that? The very next day, after Ray's interesting job comment, plus capture of a Sphingid, a crimson patch turns up at the CB. How about that? Tra-la-la, la-de-da. This crimson patch is 2+ - 2+ on the Rayetta scales, fairly large and fairly tame.

Once our newly arrived crimson patch espies all the Anisicanthus we have at the CB, and all the other nice butterfly habitat we have, I am sure it will decide to become a regular among our butterfly fauna, habitating here from this day hence. Tra-la-la, la-de-da.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home