Sunday, October 07, 2007

Ray’s Round Table

All righty. Today we are fixing to have a round table parley similar to those on Sunday morning TV. In the best tradition of Media Liberal TV, and Media Conservative TV, all my guests, plus me, have incestuous relationships. Today’s round table guests are, Ms. Hope Remains, Ace Reporter, Druid News Service; Dr. Rayetta Pistrum, the Lovely Druidess Rayetta; and my bosom companion, Mr. Crumby Ovate.

All righty. This is a new format for the venue. So what everyone gets to do is spell any opinion or comment that pops into your noggin. If you do not have an opinion or comment then I, Ray Pistrum, Sun God Trainee, shall prompt you with a question. Then, you can comment or share an opinion regarding that question.

Does everyone understand all that? Crumby?

Where’s the round table, Ray?

The round table is figurative, Crumby. Since we are sitting in a circle we shall pretend there’s a round table here in the laboratory. I considered moving the kitchen table in here, but there’s not room. Who wants to go first? OK. Ms. Remains wants to go first.

Yes I do, Ray. Goodness gracious. Paraphrasing the well-known enviro-idiot, M. Chertoff, illegal aliens crapping and littering in pristine areas is the worst you can do to the environment. But grading the pristine area with a bulldozer is comparatively hunky dory. Goodness! Don’t mess on Tejas.

Crumby, I see that you are agitated.

Yepper, I am Ray, agitated. If the illegal aliens are prevented from crapping in pristine areas, what shall the boleros have to do? Those poor beetles, habitating in the pristine areas, shall have no shit to roll. Yet there is always the possibility, that patch hands, laboring on the workover rigs in the pristine areas shall crap enough to sustain the boleros. That’s my hope.

Right, Crumby. Rayetta. Your turn.

Thank you Ray. As everyone knows I have a butterfly feeder, fattening up my butterflies on bananas. Yet, I may be accomplishing more evil than good. Those butterflies, stuffed full of banana, may be more susceptible to predation by illegal aliens like Anolis carolinensis. I have pictorial evidence of just that. Here’s one of my banana stuffed tawny emperors entering the digestive tract of a darn lizard. How about that?

Goodness gracious sakes alive, Rayetta. Couldn’t you rescue your tawny emperor from that arboreal lizard?

No Hope, I couldn’t. That lizard was too high up in the tree for me, and elusive. Plus, just last night, I noticed that another illegal alien lizard, Hemidactylus turcicus, was ambushing the moths, or muths, as they assembled on the bananas. So that feeder imperils the Lepidoptera, day and night.

Land sakes Rayetta. Whatever shall you do?

Well, it is like this, Hope. Some day my acute interest in the butterfly feeder may wane. Once that happens, I shall, based on the data accumulated, produce a scholarly report entitled, Bananas in the Butterfly Feeder, Good or Evil! Everyone shall learn my conclusion, once and for all. Ha!

Mighty fine sis. OK, how did everyone manage during the worst day of the year, Band Day. I did fine, myself, as Hope here can testify. Yepper, my beautiful girlfriend, Hope here, plus my other beautiful girlfriend, Olwen, plus me, post delicious cinnamon bun, all split the scene. Yet Rayetta, you and Crumby endured the racket and noise pollution. How did you do that?

Hmmm. Well Ray, I just kept busy, doing my best to ignore the racket. Crumby wore your ear protectors, then eventually retired to his orgone box. How did that work out Crumby?

With Ray’s ear protectors on, and the lid shut on my orgone box I could barely hear the noise pollution. But then I was afraid I would smother. I had to crack the lid. So then I prayed to the Merciful Goddess for temporary deafness. Then the Merciful Goddess showed pity, and blessed me with a nice long nap. So I’m OK.

Crumby, did you clean up my ear protectors, once you were done using them?

I shall get right on that chore, anon, Ray.

Good. Wipe them down with alcohol. All righty then. Ray’s Round Table is apparently almost out of time. We have just a little while for Rayetta to sum up any new developments in the CB-BDS. Rayetta.

Well Ray, we have an exciting new skipper today. The new skipper may be the dotted-roadside skipper (Amblyscirtes eos). We are fast approaching 70 butterfly species documented for the CB-BDS, DY 1, Praise the Goddess!

All righty then. On that spell, Ray’s Round Table is adjourned. Watch out for the Wicker Man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home