Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ray's Thought for the Day - An Oddity of Nature

As everyone but the ecologically inert knows, a great abundance of rain fell in these parts during the first DY 1 growing season. The plants, as an effect, grew and grew. Some of them, as they grew and grew, flopped over.

Ray! Can we take a picture of this oddity of nature?

Course we can, Crumby. It is my turn with the camera.

All righty then. Let us take a picture of these Maximilian sunflowers by all means that have flopped over.

Er. Crumby, those are mighty long stems and the diameter of the whole affair must be nigh on to 20 cubits. However shall we get it all in the picture.?

Er. I know Ray. We need some elevation. I shall fetch Lleu Llaw and Lleu Llaw shall fetch the semi-trusty step ladder to this location.

All righty then Crumby. I shall await your return to this location, anon.

Later.

I have returned Ray, despite many afflictions, both physical and mental. Here also, as you espy him, is Lleu Llaw Guffes, Lion of the Steady Hand, my loyal servant, with our step ladder in his steady hand.

All righty then. How shall we proceed, comrades? How shall we position our step ladder most efficaciously so that I may then ascend on high with a view to photographing this monstrous strange plant or group of plants?

Master Crumby, and Ray, Sun God Trainee, if I may spell so, this spot looks likely for it is the very spot that has fickle Ogma behind, yet also affords a clear view of yon odd vegetation.

Set it down then Lleu Llaw, at that very spot, and I shall ascend. Yet as I ascend, keep your steady hand on the ladder. That ladder can be tricky.

Yes Lleu Llaw, keep the ladder steady. For great evil may afflict my bosom companion should he topple off the ladder and break Rayetta's camera.

Fear not, I shall lay my steady hand upon the ladder, Master Crumby.

I shall ascend then heavenward, Lleu Llaw, if yer grip is firm.

It is now, indeed, firm. Fear not, Ray.

Take a bunch of pictures of it, Ray.

All righty then, Crumby. Here I go.

Later.

Man, these wide angle nature pictures are miserable. Well, looks like this is the best one, Crumby.

I agree Ray. Hopefully everyone shall be able to tell from the picture how the stems all flopped over and the flowers are all secund and pointed up at the tips of the stems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home