Saturday, October 06, 2007

Rayetta’s Butterflies, New to the CB BDS - Ocola Skipper (Panoquina ocola)

No Crumby! I have work to do here.

But Rayetta, I am too sensitive. How can I live through all this noise pollution?

Hmmm. Listen Crumby! They have toned it down this year. It is not as bad as in years’ past. So you shall just have to put up with the noise pollution. Tell you what, Crumby. All you need is a little job to help take your mind off the noise pollution. You can help me monitor the Helianthus maximiliana, oddity of nature, for butterflies. I am pretty sure we shall find a new butterfly today, on the H. max. Also Crumby, you can wear Ray’s ear protector. But if you see me attempting to communicate with you, you shall immediately take that ear protector off. I am too busy to put up with those,
I caint here ye, Rayetta,
highjinks you like to pull. All righty then. Do you understand all that, Crumby?

Yes maam.

Good. Now get all the gear together. Get Lleu Llaw to help carry it. Then we shall all head out to the east pasture.

All righty then.

Later.

Goodness! There’s a new one already. That is a panoquin, or I am not the Lovely Druidess Rayetta. Buzz click. Buzz click. Buzz click. Buzz click. Buzz click. Buzz click. Buzz click. There now. I am heading back to the laboratory to check these out. You two stay here. I shall return anon. Keep your eyes peeled for additional newcomers, Crumby.

What?

Crumby!

Er. No, no, no! I got Ray’s ear protectors off, Rayetta. See! They are off. What am I supposed to do?

You and Lleu Llaw shall stay here, monitoring for butterflies, and I shall return anon.

Yes maam.

Later.

These are all pretty good. This one shall do for the venue. Ocola skipper 2- - 1- on the Rayetta scales, smallish and fairly tame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home