Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Rayetta's Butterflies - My Butterfly Feeder Revisited

Crumby! It's not a toofer cave. It's a gum cave. You no longer have that toofer. That toofer can not have a cave in it. Jeez Louise!

That is correct, Rayetta.

Hmmm. I just needed to comment on Crumby's previous. Jeez Louise!

Anyway. One of the perils of butterfly feeding is having the provender stolen nocturnally. To help sort this peril out, try chopping the rotten fruit into such small portions that a nasty noser shall lack the ability to haul off the rotten fruit, expeditiously. That's my advice. Chop it up. You won't be sorry.

Remember, in my camera review, presented previously, I spelled that I would never buy another camera that did not have a fully articulated LCD. That potential new camera must also have live view.
This picture shows why. Shutter speed on this shot is 1/15. All I had to do was rest my arms on the picnic table and compose using live view to get this shot of this goatweed leafwing. If I had been quicker, I could have also gotten a shot of this goatweed leafwing enjoying the pear.

Note that the pear is not chopped up, an oversight on my part. Now, if I could just get a picture of the tropical leafwing at my butterfly feeder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home