Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ray’s Thought for the Day - Werkin’ in the Sun

The best things in life are free. All righty then, what are some of those free, best things one enjoys while werkin’ in the sun. Sweat and ants come to mind. They are both, free. So sweat and ants must be among the best things in life, taken fer grant it, while werkin’ in the sun.

Has anyone besides me ever wondered, will the fire ant (Solenopsis invicta) attack a sweaty person? Does sweat deter those free fire ants? Well, fear not! I can answer that question for everybody, easily. Sweat does not deter the free fire ants. Yepper! Free fire ants attack the sweaty.

Yepper, the weather has waxed Beelzebubberriffic in these parts lately. As an effect, my diurnal activities have produced lots of free sweat. Yet surely, the Merciful Goddess shall command a break from all this oppressive heat anon, so that sweat shall become more dear, but still free, er.

Now I am fixing to get my weekly delicious cinnamon bun. My delicious cinnamon bun is not free. Because it is not free, I may not, honestly, include my delicious cinnamon bun among the best things in life. But that’s OK. Balance prescribes that both the free and the enslaved are necessary facets of life as we know it, the one complementing the other. Free sweat and ants on one side of the scale, balancing my delicious enslaved cinnamon bun.

Then also, that terrible scale is whirling about at a dreadful pace. Only inertia plus gravity keep the free ants, the sweat, my delicious cinnamon bun and me from flying off into the stygian, airless darkness. Mercy! Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home