Thursday, April 24, 2008

Geum and Sanicula Revisited

Many may know that Geum canadensis and Sanicula canadense are frequently encountered simultaneously. Many may also know that both may be easily grown from free seed. Earlier in DY 2 the CB combined crop of these twain interesting plants was indicated electropictoidographically in basal rosette modes. Now, here those same plants are, bigger than me. What a deal!

Earlier, I exaggerated my height by 4cm. I am actually 19cm, not 23cm. I had to go back and make that correction in the previous epistle lest everyone assume these plants are 4cm taller than they are.

Now that everyone knows how tall I am, I can easily be utilized for scale. Then, let us say an unfamiliar object is twice as tall as me. Then, if I was included for scale with reference to that object, one might say, that object is 38cm in height, or about twice the height of Ray, or maybe, two Rays in height.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home