Friday, June 19, 2009

Carolina Wren with Cutworm

Here’s a good supper. Good in so many ways. That particular meal is probably a cutworm or maybe an armyworm.

More and more though, when it comes to mundane fauna that any fool knows all about, like, for Goddess’ sakes, birds, I feel like I am getting the Sodom or Gomorrah treatment from my camera. Huh-huh. Many may know all about the Sodom or Gomorrah treatment.

Yet how is my camera sticking it up my ass one might wonder? Easy money. Noise! That’s how.

To get the dern shutter speed up so the dern camera can be hand held, I need to keep the ISO on 400. Those dicky birds live in the shadows, so the dicky bird pictures are always noisy. Course, the trade off is the 2x crop factor and the relatively cheap 70-300mm lens. Without those items, I probably would not even attempt faunching around with hand held dicky bird pictures.

So mostly this mistle is for the picture which I want to see blown up to 100% on the web page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home