Sunday, November 27, 2005

Rayetta Talks to Red

Red. Can I visit with you a minute?

Why shur Rayetta. Come on in. Whut's on yer mind?

Why do you want to stop the evangelical effort Red? Is it Ray or something else?

Nah it aint Ray. He's been doin' all right, so fer as it goes. What bothers me about it is that we may just be wastin' time on the evangelical part. Here we go to all the work of whittlin' down the liturgy and limitin' sin to jest the two worst ones and the liars and gluttons keep gettin' worse and more intransigent and the effort we are expendin' rebounds on us and satire turns to cynicism. I can see it workin' on the Crumby Ovate and Ray and even you Rayetta. That's why I want to stop it, to keep y'all from becomin' a bunch of no account bitter smart alecks.

I don't know Red. Seems a shame to just quit. We knew this would be hard and seem futile purty much from the get go. And Ray really likes it when he's not wore out and it keeps him out of lots worse mischief than he might be up to otherwise. Remember all the trouble he used to be up to before we started this. As to me and the CO getting too cynical, well, that's something to fret over all right, but we're grown up and we've given this lotsa thought and we have our warding spells, agin it. Red, I don't think we should quit on that account.

Maybe Rayetta. I'll sleep on it and tomorrow I'll visit with Nancy and Badgemagus and see what they think. But I have many doubts. Druid Pat said something the other day that got me thinkin'. What he said was that, lotsa people don't think lyin is bad. In fact, they don't even know the difference between truth and lies, or they know and don't care. In other words, they'll say anythin' and do anythin' that serves their gluttonous behavior and the truth don't even enter into it. That's what we're up against. And where are these devils goin' with it? What kind of planet do they want anyway? And there sure seem to be a bunch of 'em like that too.

Yepper, Red. Yer right, But so long as Ray's up to it, I say we should keep after 'em. The CO and me can watch each either, and Ray too. We'll be OK.

Maybe. We'll see anon.

All righty then.

All righty then.

__________
Later down the hall and around the corner

What'd Red say Rayetta? Is he gonna let me continue performin' for the Goddess' blessed multitudes?

Red says, "Maybe, we'll see anon."

You showed him the download, right?

Yes I did Ray. He's visiting with Nancy and Badgemagus on the topic tomorrow.

He's visitin' with Badgemagus?

Yes Ray, with Badgemagus. Is Badgmagus a hard name for you to understand?

Uh, no. I was just being rhetorical. Why do you think he wants to visit with Badgemagus?

Hold it Ray. Why wouldn't he want to visit with the oldest Druid in these parts on important matters? Is there something you want to tell me about Badgemagus and your actions regarding same old Druid?

No Rayetta. Not really. I was just wonderin'. Also my snufflin' appears to have gone away. Did you notice, no snuffles? They were temporary like my fidgets.

I noticed. Ray, you really need to be on yer best behavior for awhile and don't aggravate Red especially, or anybody else you both know and like for that matter. Do you think you can be on yer best behavior fer the nonce?

Easy that Rayetta. Easy that. Let's go get some coffee. I got to stay up awhile and think.
_____

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home