Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ray's Thought for the Day - bosom asps

Man that hurts. My nose is still swole up and sore. Bosom asp. Let's see here.
Genera of asps include Megalopyge, Norape, Parasa, Phobetron and Sibine. They all have stingin' hairs with which they may inflict a painful sting when they are picked up or annoyed.
Yeah, absolutely right about that. It should also say something here about their apparent ability to leap short distances in a single bound.

I'm not seein' my specimink described here though. Maybe this ones a a new species, unknown to everyone but fer that bunch of savages at the Joke Factory. Maybe Nancy's keepin' it a secret to spring on innocent lambs like myself. Maybe she's goin' to use these bosom asps to bring all the Druidry in these parts under her direct control, a first step to challengin' the Blessed Goddess for control of this Globe and other parts of the known universe, maybe.

Wait a minute! Here's one, a particular type of asp that feeds on mustard or turnip leaves (Norape mammalaria). Feeds on mustard or turnip leaves! That reminds me, Ray of somethin' er other. Dang, I ought to know this here as well as I know my own name.

Let's see. If they et up all the rapes there would be no rapes and no turnips for the pigs neither. Ha! Norape. They et all the turnips. That's a good'un. I got to tell that one to Red. But I'm still missin' somethin' here.

Why'd that Nancy set this here vermin on me, Ray Pistrum, in particular? Well I just caint recollect. One things fer sure though, I got to convince Red to banish Hope. That one can take her dang bosom asps somewheres else.

_____

Those lacking the basics of Druid Training, in the entomological and botanical spheres, may, alas, fail to figure out what Ray is trying so hard to remember.

The Arkdruid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home