Saturday, June 24, 2006

Raymone's Plant du Jour

Pavonia lasiopetala. Hi there. I'm another one of the several Malvaceae that stay at the CB. However, unlike most of my cousins, the deer do browse me a lot. Also, if I find myself in an area of poor air circulation, I get powdery mildew on me and look plumb terrible. Normally, I would be inhabiting juniper/oak woodland and brush generally west of these parts, especially on old limestones. However, I am widely available now days in the nursery trade, as both my seeds and cuttings cooperate with the growers. At the CB I volunteer a lot, but since I'm out of habitat, lots of my offspring spring up in inappropriate situations and have to be relocated for their own good. Mercy and Praise the Goddess.

See here my flower plus ripe fruit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home