Thursday, January 11, 2007

Crumby Practices His Camera Lesson

Nice Ray!!!! Flys. Jeez Louise! Er. Hmmm. However, if I could sight identify a great many flies to species, I might have an alternative to vending ladies' shoes as a new career option. Yepper, I could lead fly tours. Surely many among the curious and affluent would flock to attend Crumby's Fly Tours. After a few successful tours I could get in with a big optics outfit that specializes in fly viewing optical aids. Then I could become the giant optics outfits' spokeperson, go on TV, and explain to everyone that flies are important. Why? Because without flies, I wouldn't have a job on TV, advertising all the great fly optical aids. That would be swell so long as my new career did not interfere with my normal activities.

Actually though, making a career of flies aside, I am starting to become interested in Ray's flies. What if Ray is right and that deer shit is full of weed seed? With that troubling thought in mind, I headed on out to the east pasture to look for deer shit. I found plenty. I began happily searching in the deer shit for weed seeds. I figured maybe I could espy some of the larger weed seeds naked eyed if I broke apart some of the little shit pellets.

What are you up to, Crumby?

Nothing Rayetta.

But alas I learned that Rayetta considers fingering open deer shit pellets as within the same general parameters as my former dust bunny collection. So I had to quit on the seed search in the deer shit pellets, too. However, I may have to continue that activity in secret anon, with the assistance of my trusty dissecting scope.

So here's a couple of photography lesson practice pictures of Malvastrum aurantiacum fruit segments. These fruit segments in real life are a little under 5mm in longest dimension, 3mm the short way and 2mm thick, approximately.

The first picture is a group of fruit segments shot indoors. The main illumination is from the C5060 flash backlighted by a very wimpy old microscope light. The camera aperture is F8 and maximum zoom with M-150, +10 and +7 magnifiers stacked front to back.

The second practice shot shows the bottom hairy portion of one fruit segment. It's shot through a 25mm plossl telescope ep and adapter plus the C 5060. Lighting includes the old wimpy microscope lamp, a ring LED, and my good for 5000 years flashlight. The camera flash is disabled. Built in camera flashes really goof up microscope shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home