Friday, March 02, 2007

Crumby - Ah, Just Smell that Cherokee Sedge

Annually, the White Goddess tests her Druids. The test determines whether the testees are worthy to continue. The unworthy discontinue, acquiring a whole new set of concerns. The worthy continue in their same old iteration with the same general concerns, mostly. But sometimes the White Goddess heaves Her Ample Bosoms pleasurably. She heaves those Ample Bosoms because She is very pleased with a particular testee. She then grants it, the testee, a wish. In this example, it is me, Crumby Ovate, that got a wish granted. Praise the Goddess!!!!

Nasal impairment, also known as the inability to catch a scent is not the worst affliction that may afflict one’s iteration. However, nasal impairment is a disability, annoying and potentially dangerous. Plus, not catching a scent may lead to social discomfiture.

For many moons I have wished I could enjoy a sense of smell. So when I at last emerged from my annual worthiness test in continuance mode, I discovered that the Bountiful Triplicate Goddess had granted my wish. Lo and behold, I could smell. Land sakes alive, I have been smelling lots of smells ever since, catching up on all the smells. Smells are very interesting.

This week I smelled an exceptionally interesting smell. I happened to be digging up mass quantities of Cherokee sedges with a trusty billdukey. Soon huge piles of ripe Cherokee sedges were piled up around me, the knotty rhizomes exposed to the air, their aromatic molecules dispersing from greater to lesser concentration and right up my nostrils. The wonderful aroma of those prodigious rhizomes reminded me not only of RC Cola, but also of an aroma that RC Cola reminds me of. However, I won’t get into any more specifics about that additional aroma reminder type smell since this is a family style venue.

Yes, there were these great huge bunches of fresh Cherokee sedge dug up for the smelling. Here’s what I did. Sitting on the ground in the Cherokee sedge patch I gathered up as many of the dug up ones that I could gather together in my twain arms. Then I rubbed them all over my head. Then I lay down and buried myself under them. They smelled very interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home