Friday, March 16, 2007

Ray's Thought for the Day - US Too Stupid!


Yessir. The US is too stupid to worry about. Time to party. Boo! Ha! A terrorist is driving your child's school bus. Jeez Louise! All righty then. Here's Crumby, returned from his job. Did you find us another camera yet, Crumby?

Huh!

Ray! I heard that. Stop taunting Crumby about the extra utilitarian photography device. If you taunt him again, I shall spell you. Then once you are spelled and unable to defend yourself, I shall allow Crumby to work you over. How about that, little brother?

Er. OK Rayetta. Did everyone know that spring, sprung yesterday? Yessir, Hope Remains the Season has returned. There are insufficient insects for the blossoms, but one can not have everything. Can one? Say Crumby, my bosom companion. How is the job going?

Ray, the torment is excessive. The cruel taskmaskers whip me up hill and down with little or no respite. However, I did find some time to sneak off and visit with a (Corollarhiza wisteriana)habitating on the Edwards cap under a Texas, Mexican or Spanish oak, whatever. Here's part of it. I had to take several pictures in subsections because I did not have all my equipment.

This part of my job for today was very exciting because this is the first time I have found this orchid on my own, without help, and only the second time I have espied this particular species.

Interesting Crumby. What else did you accomplish at work? Aren't you supposed to be enumerating birds.

That is correct Ray, enumerating birds. But if you can't see them or hear them, you can't count them. And if you can't count them, there's no point in GPSing them. It's like fishing. If you don't catch any, you don't have to clean any. That's why most of US fish on full stomachs.

Er. Crumby, what exactly do you do at work?

Easy that Ray, they give me new camera money at work. Gee whillikers. But I had the wrong equipment with me today. No macro lens. Dang it! Plus, the City of Bee Caves is the vortex of immortal sphincters. I ought to get a full day's salary just for the time it takes to drive through that calamity. We are talking immortal butt ugly. Then going north from that eyesore we come to Lakeway. The Indian name for Lakeway is Ughway. These Texicans sure know how to ugly up the human environment. I'll give them that. Spectacularly ugly.

Crumby. Do you like your job?

Yepper.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool beans

Orchid crazy

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home