Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Night Time at the Banana - Crumby's Turn - Genus Clytus

The darkness was stygian. Yet, out I was fixing to head into that very stygian darkness. Lo and behold, all that stygian darkness had a surprise coming. Yepper. After a diligent search I located my froggy-went-a-courting head lamp. The stygian darkness is no match for that particular head lamp once the dang thing gets switched on. There's a big knob on that head lamp that needs to be switched on before the stygian darkness may be pierced.

With my froggy-went-a-courting head lamp fixed upon my noggin, plus Ray's foretelling that there might be fornicators on the banana in my noggin, I was almost ready to head out into the stygian darkness. But safety comes first. So I took a swig or two of Mary the Virgin's Nerve Tonic to counteract any effects espying the fornicators might have on me. That particular nerve tonic is pretty good once you develop a taste, fer it.

Off I went. Anon, after a terrible journey frought with great peril, the banana feeder hove into view. There it was, crawling with vermin. Good Goddess, please don't let them vermin be fornicating on the banana, I implored.

The Merciful Goddess was with me at that nonce. None of the vermin were fornicating. Yet, there sat a dang wasp on the banana. How can this be? Wasps are diurnal vermin. But once I got over my shock of espying a diurnal vermin on the banana in the stygian darkness as revealed by my trusty froggy-went-a-courting head lamp, the Goddess made apparent the true Order of that particular wasp like creature. It was a beetle, and I had mistaken its dang huge femoras fer wings. Goddess all righty!

Genus Clytus maybe. The June bug is included for scale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home