Monday, October 15, 2007

Ray’s Thought for the Day - Scenery Photographs

I don’t get scenery photographs. Neither does Rayetta. Neither does Crumby. Not even when Crumby gets to use a camera. Raymone claims he gets it. But I don’t see what Raymone sees.

Here’s a bunch of Helianthus maximiliana mixed up with Panicum virgatum, Sorghastrum nutans and Tripsacum dactyloides. Unidentifiable, are a bunch of insects and a small dog. There are a bunch more identifiable plants, identifiable only because I know what is out there. Then there are a couple of out buildings, partially included.

Yet, this is our farewell to Beelzebubberiffic photograph, even though, it’s still pretty dang hot in these parts. Plus, the rain has been sparse, lately. Anyway, this is our photographic evidence, that H. max still blooms in the fall, even with the seasons all out of whack.

Yepper. Tomorrow is the last day of summer, officially, in these parts. When I designed the Druid calendar, I fretted quite a bit. What did I fret over? Easy that, what if Olwen White Track the season rolls around on Day 299 of DY 1 and it is still hot. On that account I almost moved the start of Olwen White Track, the season to Day 314. Well, now my fret is likely to become a reality. Sometimes, frets are like that.

So if the hot weather continues, I shall make a seasonal adjustment to the Druid Calendar for the upcoming DY 2. All righty then, maybe.

Now here's my sister, Dr. Pistrum.

Thank you Ray. I too am fretting. My fret is, Where are the Ubiquitous Snouts? Nary an Ubiquitous Snout has been espied at the CB since April. Where are they? They were ubiquitous at this time last year, here. Where are they now? Are they biennials?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rule of thumb is that nature’s wonders have beauty, or at least fascination, at every scale. If a scene shows a lichen landscape, or a twig with lichen landscape, or a tree with twig and now the lichen is hard to see, or a hillside with tree, then how would we judge the one that is most worthy of our attention? Maybe it has to do with the knowledge we bring to the scene that transforms chaos and jumble into patterns. True, we live in times when larger fields of view are more likely to incorporate patterns that grate on our nerves, but if the scene hints at the intricacies life’s patterns, then maybe there is something there to get.

Plant List Requestor

8:09 PM  
Blogger ray pistrum said...

Yes. Maybe. Still, when I see a landscape photograph, I invariably start squinting at it to see if I can id something. But all that may just be training.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home