Friday, November 23, 2007

Ray’s Thought for the Day - Back on the Venue

Crumby has saved me from destiny, temporarily. Yet destiny awaits me, around the corner, under the overpass, over at the shopping mall. Yep. Wherever? Destiny is still out there, waiting.

Here’s what happened. Culwuch tricked me into running off after him. I would have caught him easily. Yet I didn’t. That’s because, instead of proper shoes, I was shod with rubber clogs. Those rubber clogs are handy for certain types of mud, but useless for wind sprints. So no matter how fast I ran, Culwuch stayed out of reach, constantly taunting me. Come on Ray. Cain’t ye catch me. Yer a sissy. Only sissies wear clogs. And so forth.

I admit it, the taunting agitated me. So I kicked off my clogs, resolving to run Culwuch down, barefoot. Pretty soon though, on the north Hwy 290 backslope, I hit a patch of stickers. Then, while I was hunkered down, attempting to extract all the stickers, Culwuch, and his size-ephemeral cousin, Kai, jumped me. Long, we all wrestled around on the backslope. But with stickers in my feet I couldn’t kick the bejesus out of those twain, once I had them down. So I was handicapped.

Eventually, after we wrestled around some more, those twain overcame me, through treachery and cheating. That’s right. They didn’t fight fair. Pretty soon I was cruelly gagged and fettered. Then they drug me over to the nearby flood water detention structure, intending to drown me. Those dumbasses thought there would be water in a flood water detention structure.

Then Kai says, all righty, we shall just have to wait until it rains, so Ray here can enjoy a proper triple death. But that asshole Culwuch says, No, let’s skip the drowning and proceed to draw, Ray. Then, we can quarter him. But Kai says, No, that sequence does not follow the proper rules for Sun God Trainees. Then that asshole Culwuch says, So what. It’s cold out here with this dry norther blowing. Let’s just quarter Ray and go home. No. That won’t work either. You have to follow the proper rules, Culwuch. Don’t you know, anything.

Back and forth the discussion went for hours and hours. Night turned to day. Day turned to night. On went the discussion. I was getting pretty bored. Just do, something, I thought. But then, I reconsidered.

Thunk!

What was that? That thunk has verily shut the trap of that asshole Culwuch. Of a sudden, the cruel north wind carried another voice unto my questing, weary ears. Crumby! Crumby has arrived to save me from destiny. Good!

Luckily for Crumby, Rayetta has taken all the ladies shopping for the day. Otherwise, she might find Kai’s head in the shed before the auction starts. I am not sure what Rayetta would do about that head if she found it. She might be OK with it. But like Crumby says, There’s no point taking chances.

Hold it. Here’s my bosom companion now.

Let’s eat oatmeal, Ray. I’m hungry.

All righty then. Just let me post this one eletropictoid. It’s me in my treacherous clogs. Those clogs may make history as the fourth most treacherous clogs, ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home