Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ray's Thought for the Day - The Humble Draft Donkey

Yesterday, while performing donkey-like work, I thought to myself, Ray, you have much in common with the donkey, or burro, or ass. Here I am. Tamed to the harness, no spirited kicking of heels, no happy braying, just steady plodding, a great burden behind me.

Now, this morning, as me and the other donkeys arise for another day's work, I spell, Donkeys of the World, Unite! We need a four hour day with full benefits, plus some linament.

Hold it! I may have to get together with my bosom companion, Crumby. We could do a special reworking of Treasure of the Sierra Madre, from the point of view of the burros. As someone once spelled, though, the real treasure of the Sierra Madre is the birds. So besides the talking burros, we also need to work some valuable talking birds into our version. Which birds talk? Easy that, parrots talk.

Right. All the donkey parts shall be played by donkeys, and all the human parts shall be played by parrots. Then too, the main drawback to that original movie was that the Goddess did not get involved until the very end. We need to find a beautiful lady parrot to play the expanded role of the WG in our version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home