Thursday, February 12, 2009

Comet Lulin Continues Changing My Life for the Better

This morning, February 12, 2009 of the Julian, found me up and about by 3:45 AM. Yes. My bad leg woke me up. That particular leg, when it wakes me up, feels like some evil doer is operating a corkscrew on the inside of my knee. Wakes me up, all righty then.

Well, I could lay there in agony, slobber and tears befouling the Ample Bosoms, or I could arise. Generally, once I get up and start moving around, my leg quits hurting. But then I need something to do with all the extra time. I need to kill that time.

Whoa! I know what I can do. I can go look for Comet Lulin. Trouble is, there are clouds in the way. Mercy! The high clouds are streaming over from west to east obliterating Comet Lulin from my perspective. However, the high clouds appear to be of intermittent character. Crumby, you need to set up, and hope for the best.

Out Crumby headed. The dew was heavy. Crumby’s Plastic Pepsi Amateur Astronomy Furniture was covered with heavy dew. Crumby was forewarned.

There’s dew all over my astronomy furniture. What am I fixing to do, now?

Crumby moved his plastic furniture under the shed roof. There now, all I need to do is put a towel on my furniture. Then I can go ahead and put my ep cigar box, my Rigel, goofy 40mm plossl, and zoom ep baggy, my Pocket Sky Atlas, my replacement, good for 10,000 years flashlight and my extremely excellent 10x42 SE bins on the towel.

Yes. These were all items Crumby needed handy on the top surface of his furniture if he was to make any progress at espying Comet Lulin this morning. Then too, Crumby had to put his home made flower pot dew shield on the Lomo. Turns out, that dew shield worked swell, maybe. No dew got on the Lomo.

This morning Comet Lulin is apparently situated in Virgo, just south of Kappa. Despite Moon at about 90% illumination and close by, Comet Lulin is visible in the bins. Is Comet Lulin starting to appear out of round? Maybe. Seems like the bright core may have been slightly off center this morning. Observed at 40x, 50x and 100x.

However, Comet Lulin is not all that has changed my, Crumby’s, life. No. The heavenly bodies in general have changed my life. For example, the other morning, I forget which, I happened to notice a very bright star off to the northeast. What’s that bright booger?, I conjectured.

Well, that bright booger could only be Vega, already back again in the morning sky, a happy surprise. Yes. Vega surprised me that it was already back, bright as ever. Changed my life.

And what about Scorpius? The whole dang constellation is pretty near visible by 5 AM. Changed my life.

Later.


The only down side to this furniture is that it does not boost the economy going forward. No. This furniture is from the past. It is like furniture that we inherited from our ancestors. It is like furniture that made Americanoland strong, long ago. It is like exemplary of why we can live off the fat of the land without doing much of anything progressive, yet still get by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home