Thursday, February 05, 2009

Comet Lulin Approaches Zubenelgenubi

This morning, February 4, 2009 of the Julian, when I checked up on Comet Lulin, Comet Lulin was already 2/5ths of the way from Nu Librai to Zubenelgenubi and brighter too that I had seen it previeously, ever. Tomorrow morning shall probably be the closest Lulin shall appear to Zubenelgenubi ever in these parts owing to the fact that the skies are fixing to cloud up. You bet I shall be front and center for a view of the near approach of Comet Lulin to Zubenelgenubi.

I read somewhere that this may be the last round when mere mortals shall ever chance to espy Comet Lulin from Earth. I can’t remember why. Either something happens to Comet Lulin, or something happens to Earth. Whichever, I am getting my views in while I have a chance.

This morning was lots of fun for an average amateur astronomer like me. Besides Comet Lulin I espied M106 and M62 for the first time, ever, knowingly. I always figured M106 would be a waste of time, too dim to see like all those invisible galaxies in Ursa Major. Turns out, M106 is one of the easy, bright ones. Yes. M106is fixing to be on Crumby’s list of the 10 brightest galaxies as detected from the polluted environ of the Cow Barn. That is, if Crumby can ever decide on the other components of that list. Not easy.

Here’s the list so far. M31, M32, M77, M81, M94, M104 and M106. Only three slots left and maybe too much competition. Also, some of these may be biased because besides being fairly bright, they are easy to find.

M62 is one of twain Messier globular clusters I forgot about or avoided last summer until it was too late. The other one is the miserable M14. Now, after this morning, M14 is the only Messier globular cluster I have yet to espy. I tried to espy it this morning. Alas, it eluded me again. I just know M14 is way more trouble than it is worth.

M62 was easy. I hopped right on to it almost dead center in the 30mm ep. It is small yet bright. The stars of M62 do not resolve at 100x this morning, close to Ogma’s rise.

Later.

Guess what! The dern clouds were all over the sky at 3:30AM this morning, February 5, 2009 of the Julian. The so-called weather forecast is for more clouds and more clouds and yet more clouds. That means, if the weather prognostication holds true, I shall never espy Comet Lulin any closer to Zubenelgenubi than 2/5ths of the way from Nu Librai. This is a good example of life as I know it. Now, soon as Ogma rises, the clouds depart, of course, and the rain falleth, never.

The rain falleth, never. Which would you rather have, no rain, ever, or dwelling elbow to asshole with a million retards? That is the sort of Druid Dichotomy some may face. Terrible! Seems like retards and desertification are inextricably linked. That’s why all the retards dwelling in these parts need to go off and stay in beautiful Iraqi Kurdsitan. That way, two big subsets of retards can concentrate on desertifcation at one location, rather than two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home