Friday, June 19, 2009

The Box Nebula, NGC 6309

I am a fairly regular reader of the Cloudy Nights offering, Small Wonders: Insert Constellation Name. That particular column is where an average amateur astronomer like me may review what he/she/it may have not espied or needs to espy again, maybe. This time around the featured Small Wonders constellation is Ophiuchus.

As even rank fools and scum suckers may know, Ophiuchus is a serious constellation containing a great many naked heavenly features of potential interest to the unprofessional amateur. For example, in Ophicuhus may be found a good many of the semi-famous Messier globular clusters including two of the most troublesome, M107 and M9. M107 and M9 are faint and low from these parts, thus troublesome, especially factoring in plenty of light pollution.

M14 can also be similar to looking for a particular pubic hair among many. I do not know this fact about M14 from personal experience, yet I suspect such may be so. Looking backward, I once noted that M14 is an easy hop from gamma Ophiuchus. I wish I had remembered that last night. Jeez Louise plus all the Whores and Whoremongers of Babylon and Greater Houston! Last night I kept attempting to hop from like Sabik. What a retard? It’s like looking for one pube among many. If I’m fixing to be that kind of retard, kill me before I vote Republican.

Whew! OK. The Box Nebula is only exciting to an average amateur astronomer in these parts who wants to espy the Box Nebula, but is indifferent about how well the Box Nebula eventually is espied. Joto! Pendecho!

OK. From these parts, the Box Nebula in a 10" Newt is little, faint, yet discernible. An Orion Ultrablock helps. But try to increase the magnification, forget that dude, dudette, or dudit.

All righty then. Does anybody know if they make like hamster balls big enough for cats? Like my new cat needs one of those large hamster balls so he can like go out on the street and play without getting run over. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home