Thursday, February 16, 2006

Euphorbia (Chamaesyce) nutans

Crumby.

Whut Ray?

Do ye reckon this effort can count fer my thought?

Yep. If it's a thought.

Oh yeps, it be a thought, all righty then.

Since lately we have taken off in a nasty direction with some of our subtopics, I thought I, Ray would exceed everyone and spell on the especially nasty subtopic, crack plants. Crack plants only grow in cracks in the pavement of ruderal areas frequented by humans. They are the crackies of the Kingdom Plantae, livin' off cigarette butts and human hair and toe jam, just hangin' fer a fix. Today, I visited a crackie in its habitat. Mercy, they sure are nasty. This one had cigarette butts with lipstick and three different colors of human hairs wrapped up in it and no tellin, what else, but I collected some of it anyway cause I wanted to take its picture fer ASS. I have washed my hands four times and in a while I will wash em agin and also wipe down the microscope with antiseptic as part of the process of havin' takin' its picture.

So here tis, loaded up. As ye can see its own hairs are all located on the corners of the capsule where they resemble a Mohawk hairdo, and the styles are bifid to the base. This particular spurge is one of our most abundant crackies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home