Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ray's Thought for the Day - Untimely Ripped

Jeez Louise! I can't believe that, I, Ray, am up so early, untimely ripped from snarkling at the Ample Bosoms. Er. Let's see. We have some kind of safety procedure for assaying the stygian darkness in the wee hours. As I journey towards the east pasture, I'm required to holler out, Don't shoot, it's Your Name. Er. Your Name is italicized so that must mean something else. Man alive, I can't think so clearly in the morning. Er. Hold it. Olwen's up. I'll ask Olwen. Olwen, can you explain this safety instruction to me.

Let's see Ray. It says Don't shoot, it's Your Name. Um, that means you holler out, Don't shoot, it's me, Ray. Be sure to holler those words precisely Ray, and maybe Crumby won't shoot you.

Thanks darlin'. Have fun at work.

Olwen White Track, Moon Goddess, departs upon her round about job.

All righty then. I need to go visit with Crumby about the sheep and the Teletubbies. I had a dream about sheep and Teletubbies that woke me up. Perhaps the Crumby Ovate can interpret my dream, fer me.

Meantime.

Lleu Llaw, guide the great red tube down and just a tad to the right of Castor the Semi-Twink. Go pretty far. Further, further, further, further, stop. All righty then, let's espy that one. Whoa! It's a dang double. There are twain stars apparent where there might be but one instead. It must be a wide one to be espyable with this goofy 40mm Kellner.

Crumby, that is not the goofy 40mm Kellner ensconced in the focuser. For the goofy 40mm Kellner is ensconced in the cigar box.

Huh?

Some other of the telescopery gear, besides the goofy 40mm Kellner is ensconced in the focuser, for verily the goofy 40mm Kellner is in the cigar box.

Oh! Hand me the the good for 10,000 years flashlight, Lleu Llaw, and we shall soon discover, once I have made an examination with the good for 10,000 years flashlight, which of the telescopery gear is fixed in the focuser.

Here 'tis Crumby.

Hark! It is none other than the wide-eyed 16mm Konig. That explains a lot. Fetch forth the 1.8x barlow so that we may peruse this interesting double close up.

Here 'tis Crumby.

Ah yes. Have a look see Lleu Llaw.

Don't shoot, it's me, Ray.

Dang! What's all that hollerin' about?

Later.

It is your bosom companion approaching Crumby, and he is crying out, Don't shoot.

All righty then. Lleu Llaw, guide the great red tube off toward Sirius the Dog Star. Then, look down and to the right a little for the brightest star in those parts. Espy that one while I see what the heck my bosom companion is hollering about.

Don't shoot, it's me Ray.

Stop all that hollering Ray. You'll spook your sister's cows and I'll get another boxing.

I'm supposed to holler like that Crumby. Hollering like that is my safety instruction for the nonce.

Not that much, Ray. Once you espy that you aren't shot, you need to stop hollering.

All righty then. Crumby, here is what brings me hence through the stygian darkness, er, what's Lleu Llaw doing?

Lleu Llaw is espying a binary star of the Constellation Canis Majoris, possibly located on one of its canine-like paws.

I want to espy it too, Crumby. Lleu Llaw, let me have a looksee.

All righty then Ray. Here 'tis.

Hey, I only see one star.

You must espy very carefully Ray, for the bright star's very brightness obscures another little red star located at about 10 o'clock. You must supply an imaginary clock face, Ray, for the upside down and backwards Newt lacks a clock face with numerals.

Yepper. I espy it. Mercy. The little one is obscure.

Yepper, we need a filter, maybe. Crumby, hand us the Ultrablock.

All righty then. Here 'tis.

Okie Dokie Ray. Watch, I am going to screw this filter into the 16mm Konig real fast then I'll stick it all back in the focuser real fast and adjust the great red tube in right acscension and declination real fast while you have a looksee. All done. What do you see now Ray?

Er, this filter sure makes everything dark.

Yepper, but it should dim the bright star so you can see the obscure little one better. Is that what's happening?

Noper. It's completely dark. The stars have all vanished.

Look very carefully Ray.

Noper. I don't espy any stars. They all vanished, Lleu Llaw!

Lemme see Ray.

Oops!

Mercy! Lleu Llaw, Ray, you're tardy, for the clouds have come along. They are a curtain to your perusal of the naked canid splendors, ovates the Crumby Ovate.

Shucks!

So Ray, since your out here anyway, you can help Lleu Llaw put up all the telescopery gear away while I sit here and do some more important ovating.

Yeah but, Crumby, you need to interpret my dream.

All righty then, once you and Lleu Llaw get everything toted up, I the Crumby Ovate shall enter into the labyrinth dreamscape of my bosom companion and interpret your nocturnal thoughts as easily as if those dreams were delicious apricot fried pies. An apricot fried pie or two that I may have for breakfast anon shall be no more bother than your dream Ray. Perhaps I shall interpret your dream as I dine upon those tasty apricot fried pies.

All righty then.

All righty then.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home