Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes - Yep, Me Too

Count me in with my bosom companion, Ray. I am also another anarchist planning to vote a straight Democratic ticket. My justifying hypotheses for potentially wasting my time voting is that the Republicans are purposely growing the government so that there will be more of it for them to loot. The Democrats did this too, but not as egregiously and with more consideration of the needs of the needy.

Meantime though, I was fearful of taking the Great Red Tube out due to the weather robot forecast so I continued perusals of the naked heavenly splendors with the rock solid Lomo. So I didn't do any replications except on that variable star in Perseus. What was its name, Cleteus? Nope, here 'tis. Algol. Yep. That's the one. But I was also interested to see if I could discern any of the odd shape purported for the Saturn Nebula in Aquarius. Also, I may have espied the Peacock star off on the south horizon. I need to climb up on top of the barn to verify that astounding discovery.

Planetary nebulas, like the Saturn one, are interesting because unlike most other celestial itmes that have nebula in their names, I can actually see the planetary ones. However, the only ones I have felt really gee whiz about are the Ring and the Dumbbell. The Saturn Nebula showed some signs of being fairly interesting in the Lomo though, so it might be even more interesting in the Great Red Tube.

Crumby!

What Ray?

It's raining!

Good! Somebody need to go clean out the guage, maybe.

Send Lleu Llaw.

Lleu Llaw, go clean out the rain guage.

Yessir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home