Saturday, October 21, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes - The Handbooks Have Arrived!!!!

Praise the Bountiful Goddess! My three volume, hardback set of Burnham's Celestial Handbook has arrived in like new condition. Praise also to the excellent vendor and USPS and to the mailman. Praise them all with Great Praise!!!! Oh! I forgot EBAY. Praise them too.

Volume I is very interesting. Plus, not once in the parts I've read already, have I been threatened with imminent destruction. How refreshing is that for an astronomical work? Then there's all the tables that go with each constellation. Mercy! I'm all set.

This has been a good day all round. Ray and me liberated some bulbs and those bulbs are all safe at the CB. And while we were out liberating bulbs, we found Cynanchum unifarium, that some call C. racemosum, in fruit. You don't see that every day.

This follicle is depicted here somewhere. Ray and I enjoyed some ribald humor referencing this follicle, but we can't go into that in this venue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home