Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ray's Thought for the Day - Get Me on the Ark!!!!

The rain woke me up. Yepper. Early. Yepper. Even at this nonce the thunder and lighting and even the hard falling rain persist. Uh, oh. Sometimes, weather anomalies like rain interfere with the normal operations of the cinnamon bun vendor. I remember on one occasion there was a weather anomaly. But I was lined up at the cinnamon vendors like usual when, lo and behold, the very last cinnamon bun vanished into a lady’s bag right before my horrified eyes.

Do ye have any more delicious cinnamon buns?

No. The weather was bad so we didn’t bring that many. We didn’t think many cinnamon bun clients would be out in this weather anomaly.

The very same scenario is likely to play out anon, again. Mercy!

All this rain we are receiving for the nonce, Praise Ye Goddess!!!!, is tracking up out of Mexico. If the weather robot is correctly calibrated, we could have a chance at some frozen or maybe freezing precipitation by Day 26 of DY 1. That implies a potentially long hall without my friendly flies. I shall be forced to look elsewhere for potential stimulation, maybe.

Yesterday a mysterious package arrived at the CB, addressed to my sister. But that little mystery was no match for my Sun God Training. So, ah ha, some new technology has arrived at last.

Sun God Trainees, at a certain stage of their float or swim toward full matriculation, develop x-ray vision as one of our capabilities. But note the spell, x-ray. You may think that having ray in that spell is an accident. Ha.

At this nonce I am employing remote x-ray vision to explore the insides of the cinnamon bun vendor’s delivery truck with a view towards pre-adapting myself for a major disappointment.

Mercy! The potato man is working OT. I need to contact the Ark Druid!!!!! Ark Druid, my water walking skills are not sufficient to overcome the gravitational pull on these lead boots the ladies make me wear for my training. Can ye give me a lift over to the cinnamon bun vendors? Er. Ark Druid. Where are ye, Ark Druid? Perhaps the Ark Druid has cruised off.

I need to go check something in the east pasture right quick. I shall just mosey over that way for a look see. Yikes! There are creeks in the east pasture. And there’s the Ark Druid, embarking along. Yikes!!!!

Uh, oh. Here's Red.

Ye boys need to get out and do some trenching. The CB is like to flood. Go on Ray. Grab a billdukey and head on out.

Mercy!

All righty then. That particular flood has abated thanks to some handy billdukey work. The dang gauge almost overflowed too. It only goes up to 5" and it had 4.2" in it. That's considerable rain for these parts. And the rain falls yet for the nonce. Shall I get my delicious cinnamon bun, or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home