Sunday, October 21, 2007

Crumby’s Telescope Tomfoolery Notes

Annually, the merciful yet erratic White Goddess tests Her Druids to espy whether those Druids are fit to continue habitating on the plane of existence they are currently on. Er. Maybe the afore spelled is an over generalization. She may not test all the Druids, but She does test me.

This year, DY 1, the afflictions concurrent with my tests seem to have moved from my noggin to my legs from the knees down. Consequently, I can not walk, only hobble a little. Yepper, I am particularly afflicted in both feet. Plus, one knee is working way better than the other one.

Yet so far during this annual test period I have not been banished to the wilderness like happened last year. Praise the Goddess, Red is letting me stay in the house, so far. Otherwise, I might, even now, be banished to the wilderness, hobbling about pitifully, the great heat of Olwen White Track the season, sapping the last of my strength, the great heat of autumn slowly sucking out the last of my sweat until, until, until, oh I can not spell it. Mercy!

Barely able to hobble along and denied camera privileges due to some unfortunate accidents that were entirely not my fault, I have been hard pressed to keep myself entertained and out of trouble. You may see, if I spend too much time hobbling and whining pitifully, Red, heeding the complaints of the many, citing my behavior, may banish me again. I certainly do not want that to happen. So I need to occupy myself with interesting activities that may temporarily take my noggin focus off my terrible crippled up condition. Then instead of hobbling around, moaning and whining feebly, I shall be industriously engaged in some interesting activity.

Lleu Llaw, my faithful servant plus Lion of the Steady Hand, heed all this.

Yes Master Crumby.

I, Crumby Ovate, ovate that the skies are as clear as ever they are in these parts. Therefore, we shall sally forth into the stygian darkness of the east pasture tomorrow morning. First thing, you, Lleu Llaw, must arise from the Ample Bosoms at 4AM sharp. Then, you must go forth. Set up all the gear at the usual location. The gear you need to set up handy is the big Maksutov, the good for 10,000 years flashlight, the double decker lawn furniture, the Pepsi Cola plastic table, the University Optics orthoscopic cigar box and that big old goofy 40mm plossl. But before you do all that, set me out some proper garments. What I shall need set out is my green Brownie pants and a light jacket.

Once you have set out my clothes and set up all the gear all handy like, you will need to assist me. First, I may need some help getting into those green Brownie pants. Second, once I have got those on, you shall lend your steady hand so that I may proceed into the stygian darkness, onward, navigating all the treacherous objects concealed by the stygian darkness that are liable to trip me up. Only after all that Lleu Llaw, shall you rest.

Yes Master Crumby.

All righty then, heeding my recent advice I am out in the east pasture espying Saturn, that we know as Bran the Blessed, Talking Head, and Venus the Planet or Love Goddess. There they are, between the hackberries. Good job Lleu Llaw, this is perfect.

Thank you, Master Crumby.

Saturn is just plain shocking if you have not espied it for awhile, shocking and interesting. Whoa! The Love Goddess is about quarter phase. That’s shocking and interesting, too. OK. Cool! Now Lleu Llaw, we have some stygian darkness left, so let’s espy the Great Nebula. You shall need to first relocate the big Maksutov slightly. Once you have got the big Maksutov re-situated, you shall need to re-situate me and the double decker lawn furniture.

Yes Master Crumby.

Goodness! That Great Nebula is shocking plus interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home