Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Olympus 70-300mm, Where Is it?

Crumby, do you still visit those photography talk sites.

Yepper.

Well what’s happened to the proposed, mythical, Olympus 70-300mm telephoto/ macro?

It shipped in September, then again in October, or right now, Rayetta.

No Crumby. It didn’t. There are none of those to be found anywhere, except at Ace of Bicycles in Japan. I shall not purchase from Ace of Bicycles. I shall buy Americano.

Well Rayetta, I hear tell from those twain forums, both the loony tune forum and the calmer forum, that it has shipped. Yet maybe, the ship those particular lenses were on got pirated. Perhaps a pirate now has your lens. Har-har. Polly want its picture took. Hardy, har-har. Get out on the plank, Frank. Pretend like ye are walking the plank. I’ll take yer picture. Har-har. Er. OK Rayetta. I see from your eye glint that you do not appreciate my sense of humor.

Crumby! You know how much I want this particular lens. Do you really think a pirate has my lens?

Maybe, Rayetta. Those pirates are making a comeback, especially those East Asian pirates. Nobody and nothing is safe in those parts, maybe. Those pirates are always looking around for something to steal. What those pirates do is capture a ship full of Olympus lenses. Then, the lenses that don’t get sodomized, or forced to walk the plank, get sold to the Communists. Then the Communists sell them back to US. But there’s a terrible price mark up. Because both the pirates and the Communists need to make a profit. That’s how capitalism works, Rayetta.

Hmmm. Well all I can spell is, I better get my lens pretty quick. Otherwise, responsible parties are fixing to rot in Hell for all eternity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home