Monday, October 22, 2007

Rayetta's Butterflies - I May have Missed One

That's correct. Once again I got caught with the 35mm on my camera. This time, I missed the zilpa longtail, (Chiodes zilpa). My brother, Ray, the Sun God Trainee, also espied a zipster while werkin' in the sun, Friday. So the Pistrums have espied two zilpa longtails at disparate locations, yet have nary an electrogram to show for our espyizations.

Now my noggin is working furiously. What if I possesed the imaginary 70/300mm telephoto/macro and it had its own camera body? Then I should have two camera bodies and a lens for each one of those bodies. I would be ready for anything. All I would need is a camera bearer. Crumby could do that.

At last, our first wet norther of Olwen White Track the season has arrived, a week late. Wet northers perk us up. So I am perked up.

Hold it! It says here that Zilpa longtail babies eat Nissola. Is that correct? Nissola in the ROT is one of those Trans Pecos beans, with a range disjunct to the range of the zipster. Hmmm. Perhaps there are Nissolas in the Mexican component of the Tampaulipan.

All righty then. Ray did get an interesting electrogram of a Great Spreadwing (Archilestes grandis. Blue eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home