Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy Solstice to Everyone, We Both Know and Like

It’s me, Crumby. Ray is too weak to type. Pitiful. So I am acting venue wheel.

Speaking of wheels, the ellipse many of us have just completed, is similar to a wheel. How’s that you might fairly ask? Well, once I was the proud owner of a customized bicycle. That bicycle was named, Antelope. That’s because the handle bars pointed straight up. One day, Antelope and me went over a cliff. Antelope landed on his front wheel. I landed on my noggin, knocking the bejesus out of myself. For days after that event I felt four inches shorter. Yet, poor Antelope’s front wheel was bent from round to ellipse. Fortunately, Antelope was customized, no front fender. So after getting most of Antelope’s spokes sort of fixed, we could still go along at a fair pace. Only we bobbed.

There go Antelope and Crumby, bob, bob, bobbing along. Just like the red, red Robin, and just like, Planet Earth.
_____

Famous Birds of the Polaris or Polar Bear Solstice

Speaking of the red, red Robin, Did you know that the Robin (Erithacus rubecula) is about as red as our Robin (Turdus migratorius), on the breast. Did you also know that my faithful servant, Lleu Llaw Guffes, the Lion of the Steady Hand, was a Robin during his Sun God Trainee days?

Apparently, the Sun God Trainees of those times did not wimp out during the solstice in contrast to the current crop. Off Lleu Llaw went, into the wood lot, hunting the Wren (Troglodytes troglodytes), his own father, maybe, Bran. With his steady hand, Lleu slung at Bran, wounding him outright. Then, espying that Bran was not dead, Lleu Llaw clutched Bran to his bosoms, surmising to smother the old bird, a common trick still employed by those seeking to smother birds. Yet Bran’s blood got smeared on Lleu’s breast. Then that blood, dried to orange. That’s why, to this day, all those type Robins have orange breasts.

Yet many wonder, Who Killed Cock Robin? Easy that!!!!
_____

This morning, as is often my preference, I was out early, espying along the ecliptic. Preparatory to actually going outside, I sneakily fetched forth Rayetta’s fancy camera, while the learned yet lovely Druidess was still abed, snoozing away. I thought to myself, Crumby, you should take a picture of bloody Mars, while it is so bright. Yet I soon espied that the battery in the camera was nearly dead as indicated by the red charge light. Plus, I could not, for the life of me, remember how to dim the monitor. Dern it!

So then I had to sneak back into the house and put Rayetta’s camera back where I got it from in the first place. After putting it back exactly like it was before, to the mm, I fetched forth my own trusty camera.

The electropictoid of Mars, next door, is an enhanced representation of the electropictoid I took of Mars, outdoors. I had to spiff up that electropictoid quiet a bit in PP, so everyone could espy the polar ice cap, which is not visible on the original.

So! DY 1 is ended. Off we go on another perilous journey, DY 2. Who knows who shall survive? Who knows the secrets of the unhewn dolmen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home