Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Messier Galaxies

All righty then. These are all the Messier galaxies I, Crumby Ovate, have espied in my capacity as average amateur astronomer in the light polluted skies over Austink, hard upon the Hwy. 290 west corridor not far from Spec’s World Class Liquor Store. All these galaxies have passed the light pollution test. A great many other galaxies have flunked the light pollution test. But not these. No. I espied these.

Messier Galaxies:

Spiral:

M31, M51, M58, M65, M66, M77, M81, M104

Lenticular:

M84, M86

Elliptical:

M32, M49, M59, M60, M87

Yet, I am still fixing to figure out why I may espy some galaxies and not others. So far, I have not discerned the necessary pattern. I have not memorized sufficient data, yet. The clouds need to break by Christmas, DY 3, so I may continue acquiring data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home