Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Boy Howdy! Warm Me Up! Dang!

Yesterday I assembled the Great Red Tube. It needed collimating.

Early this morning the frigid stygian darkness beckoned. I knew that I should put plenty of clothes on including my green, brownie pants. Besides my green, brownie pants these were the garments I put on. A pair of cotton socks. Slip on canvas shoes featuring two holes in each shoe. Undears. Wranglers. T-shirt. Sweatshirt with hood. Trusty wool coat. Gloves. Brrr! I like to froze to death.

These were the naked objects I was fixing to espy. M53, NGC 5053 and M64 in Coma Berenices. M84, M86, M87, and M104 in Virgo. M94 in Canes Venatici.

Now I know. I shall need more clothes on my feet and more clothes on my upper buttocks tomorrow morning. That’s right. More socks. Boots. An upper buttocks covering. I have a plan for my upper buttocks which includes a long coat purchased many moons ago. That coat ought to do the trick. I need to clean the pet hair off that coat. Yes. I shall take some time today to clean the pet hair off that particular coat.

Two of the naked objects I was fixing to espy leapt out at me. These were M104, the famous Sombrero Galaxy, and M53, a globular cluster. The rest of the naked objects did not leap out at me. The fact is, if they are anywhere near as bright as the ones that did leap out at me, I should have espied them too. But they didn’t leap out.

Yes. Tomorrow morning I shall have additional clothes on my feet, plus my upper buttocks shall be properly covered. Then, properly garbed, I can make a leisurely search for those naked objects that so easily eluded me before.

I wonder. Has nudist amateur astronomy ever been anyone’s passion? One might assume that nudist amateur astronomy would be a summer passion. But then there are the Dipterans to consider. Mercy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home