Friday, December 05, 2008

The Virgo Galaxy Cluster, Revisited

Dern it. I meant to get up early. Yet there I was, supine upon the Ample Bosoms. There I lay, dreaming. I was enjoying one of the recurrent dreams I have. In that particular dream, eight elderly sages are providing me with advice on water conservation. The advice is fairly redundant and therefore comforting. Yes. I have lots of redundant yet comforting dreams. Sometimes eight elderly sages are providing advice. Sometimes I am performing redundant chores. Sometimes I am watching ants work.

In any event, these type dreams are so comforting and reassuring that I may not wake up. Which is precisely what happened this morning. Crumby, it is not necessary to flush the commode every time. Nor is it always necessary to wipe the seat if you pee on it. That pee may eventually dry up on its own. Besides, if you wipe up the pee every time, and toss the paper in the toilet, you shall have to flush more often. That wastes water, Crumby. Not to mention, paper.

By the time I shook myself free of the eight elderly water conservation sages, the clock indicated 5:50 AM. By the time I was dressed for the frigid, stygian darkness it was nearly 6 AM. Out I went. By 6:30 AM, Epsilon Virgo was fading fast and I still have not espied a single member of the Virgo Galaxy Cluster. Not one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home