Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Solstice Night - Redemption

For me, Crumby, Summer Solstice Night just past was a miserable adventure. I squandered an average amateur astronomer opportunity plus wasted half a tank of gas while simultaneously spewing out plenty of pollution, making these parts hotter, all wickedly done, only to pursue a hobby. Boo hoo. I am truly sorry for any suffering I inflicted on myself. However, I could care less about tertiary impacts to the balance of humanity. Tough titty.

It’s like when you are a convicted whoremonger. You have been out whoring, but you got caught. Maybe your wife or mother or your sister found out what a whoremonger you are. But if you really like the hobby, whoremonger, even after you get caught and have to apologize, and cry on TV like a bitch, then there is nothing left to do but get back in the saddle at the first opportunity. Like I hear the best cure for too much coke is another snort the next morning. The same is true of whiskey. Glug, glug, glug. Whores, same thing. No wonder then that I was hot to replicate my adventure of Summer Solstice Night, only leaving off getting locked out and the missing eyepieces.

To make a long story short, this time, the average amateur astronomy totally exceeded expectations. That’s right. Even all the missing Messiers of the Virgo Galaxy Cluster, sinking low, were easy pickings after Moon went down. Yepper, I easily espied all the missing Messiers except one. That’s because I got excited and forgot to espy M74 in Pisces. But that’s OK. I have plenty of time to espy that one, Goddess willing.

OK. My favorite view of the many great views was M31, M32 and M110 all in the same FOV. That was great. Especially considering I could never espy M110 at the CB. That view is possibly why I forgot M74. I got too excited and kept going back to Andromeda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home