Thursday, October 26, 2006

Crumby's Telescope Tomfoolery Notes - Rainy

These notes are delayed from yesterday evening.

The rain falls. That means I don’t get to indulge my telescopery indulgence. So instead, I have to keep myself occupied with seeding parties and thinking. Tonight, I am thinking that Ray needs to sum up the 1.1 inches of rain that I found in the guage today in the yearly total. I’ll leave a note to that effect for Ray.

Ray! Be sure to add 1.1. inches to the total for the Julian year, or go read the guage again since it’s rained more since the 1.1 inches fell into the guage, whichever.

I have also been thinking about a leaflet I found on the front porch of the CB last Saturday. I am keenly interested in one of the articles contained within the leaflet entitled, “How will false religion end?” The article portends that the politicians will eventually turn on the churches and destroy the churches. But that’s OK, because, according to the article, the churches are no account anyway. I liked that part.

Then too, some very interesting artwork goes along with the article. The interesting artwork is of the before and after genre. The top, before, picture shows a lady riding on a seven-headed Felis, while holding on to the scruff of its neck(s) with one hand and toting a goblet in the other hand. In the lower, after, picture the Felis has the lady on the ground. One of the Felis heads is lifting up her dress for Goddess’ Sakes and one of its paws is on her right bosom or nearly so. What’s the seven-headed Felis up to? The text of the article explains that the Felis is fixing to “make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.”

The Felis, besides having seven heads, is also described in the article as having ten horns. You may be certain that I carefully counted all the horns in both pictures to make sure the number of horns on the Felis heads summed to ten in both pictures. I liked that part, too.

But one of the reasons the WG had such an easy time getting me away from the Christians is tired metaphors. Here we have another dang harlot, this time serving as a metaphor for the churches. Why not have Pope What’s His Name astride the Felis? Why not have the Reverend Falwell’s chubby, well worn thighs straddling the Felis, or our ignoramus Kinglet riding along for that matter? Mercy! But easy that, the Christians never get tired of blaspheming the Goddess with their redundant harlot metaphors. And their payback from the WG is everlasting separation from nature. Yikes! Those Christians are so ignorant, they think it’s good to be everlastingly separated from nature.

Meantime, Tropical Depression Paul is bearing down on the CB. No matter how long a time, possibly until the end of time, I shall never get used to masculine names for tropical depressions or hurricanes, whichever. Masculine names for these events get on my nerves.

According to our weather robot, who by the way has waxed uncharacteristically restrained during this latest wet weather event, I am not going to drown and the skies are supposed to clear tonight. I like that too. Maybe the weather robot is calming down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home