Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wiping Mittens

All righty then. My bosom companion, Ray, plus the rest of them have returned to the CB. My short career as venue boss is at an end, assuming Ray, worn and haggard from terrible adventures in foreign parts, is recovered from the many rigors he doubtless endured, and shall immediately re-assume this important position. Yet I ovate that this subtopic shall terminate my term as venue boss.

Since I may not get to be venue boss for more than a few more minutes, I need to get some more important information out, expeditiously. So here goes.

Yesterday I had to pick up the laboratory, mostly against my will. Pick up is Rayetta’s spell for cleaning chores. When Rayetta spells, pick up, she does not mean just pick up all the stuff. She also means, wipe up all the horizontal surfaces where the stuff was formerly reclining before it got picked up.

All that is why I always save my worn out socks. My socks are worn out when they encourage blisters or allow a toe completely outside and loose in the shoe. But those socks are still good. They are good in the capacity, wiping mittens. Yep. Once all the stuff is picked up and the horizontal surfaces are free of debris, I head out to the old sock and undergarment sack. Then I may rummage around for a while. Soon though, I always resurrect a pair of old socks. This is a truth. There are always old socks in that magical sack.

Once I have my old socks on mitten like, I wet them both slightly under the faucet. Then those socks become handy dust mops or wiping mittens on all the horizontal surfaces. When they get too muddy on one side, I just turn them around. When they get too muddy on that side, I rinse them off under the faucet. After a good rinsing, they are ready to go again. When I’m all done, I throw those socks away. So there you have it, old socks transformed into handy dust mops or wiping mittens.

Hark! For those especially greasy, grimy surfaces, mix up vinegar with the water in a bucket. Then dip yer mittens in those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home