Monday, July 02, 2007

And Streams

Do you like spinach? I do. In fact, I really like spinach, a lot. But that particular Chenopode, spinach, needs proper preparation. First off, the sand needs to be washed off. You need to wash your spinach four times to make sure it won't be gritty. Then, chop some garlic. Toss that chopped garlic into a big pot, then, Hey Rayetta, I am cluing the world in on how to cook up spinach. Spinach is about the best of the green leafy vegetables, chock full of vitamins plus minerals not counting the sand. Did you know Rayetta that besides the regular spinach there are wild spinaches that are also tasty and nutritious, mmmpph-mmpph-mmpph.

Now listen carefully Crumby. I have palmed your cheeks for a reason. The reason is, boss of the venue, does not imply obligatory incessant blather. No. Instead, you are also supposed to check periodically for incoming spells. That way, Crumby, those of us apart from the CB may have their spells detected at the CB by those of us with some interest in those communications. So Crumby, I am fixing to release your jaws so that you make speak, and explain why we have received no communication from my brother, Hope, Karl, Lometa or anyone else, all day. Nod if you understand all that Crumby. Hmmm. So you don't understand.

Mmmpph!

All righty then Crumby. I guess that's possible. I just assumed you understood that you were supposed to check all the digital appliances for incoming messages.

Mmmpph!

Never mind Crumby. You need a break. Move over so I can get at the appliances. And keep your trap shut. There now, Isn't this comfy. Well now, we have a few messages from Hope.
_____

Hi everybody. Ray, Lometa and Karl have gone after Lomo. I am outside the Royal Compound. Goodness gracious! I may get an interview with Rootin' Tootin' Putin. How about that?

Hope Remains, Ace Reporter


Hello. Is anybody home. I got an interview with the Putin. Hello.

Hope Remains, Ace Reporter

Crumby Ovate, you are supposed to pick up. Dang it, Crumby. Hello.

Hope Remains, Ace Reporter

Hello. Yoohoo. Guess what? Mr. Putin told me, exclusively, that due to the great friendship that has sprung up between him and the Kinglet, that he will loan the Russian army to the Kinglet, if the Kinglet decides to restore order following the commutation. How about that? Goodness! Is anybody there? Have y'all been arrested?

Hope Remains, Ace Reporter

OK, Crumby Ovate. I know you are in charge of the venue in Ray's absence. You better not be ignoring me.

Hope Remains, Ace Reporter
_____

Hmmm. And here's one from Ray.

Crumby. We found Lomo in Nova Scotia. Be sure to tell Red that Lomo has been found. Also, tell Nancy that Karl will be home tomorrow morning. All righty then, bosom buddy. And be sure to tell Olwen we miss her. Say. Maybe Olwen can drop by Kennebunkport tonight and I can enjoy both my beautiful girlfriends up here in Maine.
_____

And Nancy spells.

I have now left four messages, that's four, for the Crumby Ovate? Crumby, if you are ignoring me, it is the bosom asp, fer ye!
_____

OK. That's a fair sample of the incoming. So you see Crumby, there is more to the venue than spelling your own ideas, feelings and opinions.

Correct Rayetta. That is obvious to me now. And it is equally obvious to me now that you will protect me from any bosom asps that may be headed this way. Obviously, previously, I did not understand that Ray's very important venue job included handling communications from the terrible yet merciful Nancy, Goddess of Practical Jokes. You know yourself, Rayetta, I may be allergic to the bite or sting of the bosom asp. And if I am stung or bitten repeatedly by such a fearsome animal, I may then be too feeble to get a job. In which event I shall never come up with another 180 bucks.

We'll see Crumby. Now be quiet while I communicate with everyone. Go get me a raspberry soda. This could take a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home