Saturday, March 15, 2008

Faux Faith

Dern! The title of my latest article sounds lovely. It would make a nice name for a pretty and efficient young lady or two.

Hi there Crumby. They call me, Faux Faith. What can I do for you?

Dern! What is going on here? The venue must be afflicting me, just like it did Ray. We need to test the human environment for pollutants that may be afflicting our noggins right here in the laboratory. But meantime, I shall employ my Druid Training to get back on task. There now. I’m back.

All righty then. This article contains religious content. The fact is, all my articles contain religious content, but this one has lots more religious content than one of my average articles, maybe. So you atheistic astardbas are forewarned. You may not wish to peruse this article that is highly charged with religion and touches upon a variety of highly religious topics. Just so you know, this article is not for everyone, you atheistic astardbas, especially.

Now that I have forewarned or cleared off most of the atheistic astardbas, I shall commence. My hypothesis is, Believers do not really believe, they only pretend to believe. Is this hypothesis testable? Maybe. Given the assumption that a believer acts on belief, this hypothesis should be testable. For example, round up a bunch of believers as test subjects. Ask those believers, What do you believe? Then, place those believers in situations where those beliefs are tested. Real situations. Totally anonymous situations. Then examine the results to see if the beliefs are reflected in the actions and vice versa.

If my hypothesis is correct, almost none of those believers will act the way they should, according to their beliefs. No. Instead they will act in accordance with the commonplace physical and natural laws or urges.

This is why true believers are rare. Each day, a million times a day, physical and natural laws are confirmed. While religious belief is never confirmed. That is why it is so hard to act on religious belief. That is why Faux Faith, the concept, not Faux Faith the pretty and efficient young lady, is so popular. Few believe, but many pretend to believe.

Because the many believe in Faux Faith, the herd instinct kicks in. So that these days, our leaders must confess a Faux Faith publicly to retain US as followers. That is why, even a leader such as Senator Obama, who appears calm and rational, must ensnare himself in the Faux Faith, lending incredulity to his otherwise calm and rational demeanor.

Yet I must compare all that with the one true religion, Druidism. Any idiot can espy that the good Druid is everlastingly at one with the WG. Take me for example. All the casual observer has to do is cast an eye upon my many religious articles to know that the WG is always with me. She is with me, and I am with Her. There is no way to separate me from the WG. It is the same with Upup (Upoop) the Lord of Gravity. We are inseparable.

Plus, that all being indisputably true, I can do no less than always act upon my beliefs. I know for a certainty that if I follow my natural urge to fornicate, up on the roof, I may fall off, then accelerate off the roof at 9.8m/sec squared. I believe that and if I am not careful and fail to let Friendly Friction take care of me, I might act that way too in response to all the natural and physical laws or urges besides Friendly Friction.

Mercy! See how religious this article is? See why I warned off those atheistic astardbas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home