Monday, February 23, 2009

Bone Sucking Cold

Here’s how that works. Out you go, minding your own business when suddenly the hoar frost giants attack. Here’s how those brutal giants typically attack. A few of them hold you down while the smartest ones of the group undress you. First they pull off your shoes and socks. Next they pull off your green brownie pants, followed by your regular pants. Then they begin to suck your toes. Gradually they suck all the meat off your toes. Gradually, they continue sucking all the meat off the rest of your feet bones. Then they suck all the meat off your tibias and fibulas eventually reaching your knees.

About that time you realize you need to go inside and warm up. So that’s what you do. Here’s how that works. You holler the spell, Let me go you brutal hoar frost giants, I am freezing and I need to go inside and have some nice instant hot coffee. You have to utter the spell just so. If you mess up, the hoar frost giants may continue sucking all the way up your femurs. Whoa!

Out I ventured around 4:30 AM. By 5:30 I knew I was getting my bones sucked off by the hoar frost giants. Plus, the situation upstairs was confusing me. That’s because Virgo the Virgin had her feet up in the air. It’s fixing to take me awhile to get use to that spectacle.

So I looked up a galaxy or two in Virgo but could never figure out which was which. I espied Saturn and Comet Lulin. Comet Lulin is not brightening up much, but it certainly appears big in the bins. This morning, Saturn and Comet Lulin were simultaneously in the FOV of the 10x42s.

Having once escaped the hoar frost giants, an average or typical escapee may wish to stay inside, safe and warm. Yet the round chested escapee may go back out, wishing to espy more heavenly bodies. Fickle Ogma was at it again, fixing to arise. Ha! There they are. The high clouds fail to conceal those twain bright buddies, Mercury and Jupiter. Yes. Both, even Mercury are naked eye at 630AM.

Moon is really cool. Moon is the narrowest sliver I have observed Moon to be, ever. Somewhere betwixt Moon, on the downside, and Mercury + Jupiter on the upside, is Mars. Ha! There that dim booger is. Yes. The solar system outdoes the hoar frost giants this morning, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home